Quality, Healthy, Safety, Security & Environment
It is the policy of the Company to provide Health, Safety, Security and Environment protection and operating practices that comply with relevant national and international rules and regulations and relevant standards and guideline through the Safety Management System.
This Safety Management Systems describes the Company’s Management System for the safe operation of ships and pollution prevention. Its contents have been reviewed and complied with the requirements of IMO Resolution A741/18 – The International Safety Management Code.
Company objectives are to:-
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment in best turn around performance.
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks.
- Continuously improve the safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable national and international pollution prevention laws and regulations relating to the marine environment.
These objectives will be achieved by:-
- Maintaining high standards of safety consciousness, personal discipline and individual accountability by adherence to a comprehensive and documented system of training and procedures.
- Actively promoting employee participation in measures aimed at improving safety and protecting the environment.
- Keeping all personnel fully informed of any known or potential hazards that may affect themselves, their colleagues, the ship or the environment by transmittal of pertinent documentation.
- Ensuring adherence at all times to the documented operating procedures by a system of internal verification of procedures and activities.
The company will ensure that:
- To reduce energy usage and associated greenhouse gas emissions by optimising company use of energy and adopting best energy management practices.
- This will assist the company in meeting the energy reduction targets established in the regulatory policies.
Objective:In order to increase its efficiency of energy use the company will:
- Adopt best energy management practices;
- Regularly monitor energy use across vessels and organisational units;
- Report quarterly on energy use to staff and at Management Board meetings;
- Establish a Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan with agreed terms of reference;
- Identify and implement ways to increase staff awareness in regards to energy efficiency;
- Develop Energy Action Plans for significant facilities;
- Ensure that new appliances, equipment, vehicles, and building projects are energy efficient;
- Review company energy efficiency performance and Energy Action Plans annually.
- This policy applies to all departments and staff across the vessels